Registered Nurse Lead - 8NT Neuro Step Down
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - 8NT Neuro Step Down Job in Corpus Christi
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
8NT is a 27-bed step-down unit with focus of Neuro Telemetry and Neuro Surgical Services. The primary patient population is stroke, seizures, spinal injury, laminectomy, cervical fusion, craniotomy s/p ICU recovery, and occasional Guillain-Barre and Myasthenia Gravis. Our staffing ratio is 1:4-5 nurse to patient ratio. We have a strong working relationship with our neuro surgeons and neurologist who provide education and guidance to help enhance our nursing care.A8 prides itself on our JCHAO recognized Gold Standard care for stroke patients. We strive to maintain a culture of teamwork and quality. Every associate on this unit is crucial, from our Charge nurse, to therapy, to housekeeping and case management. We truly utilize the teamwork approach.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support