Registered Nurse Lead - 6NT CV Step Down
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - 6NT CV Step Down Job in Corpus Christi
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
Shoreline Cardiovascular Step-Down is a 27-private bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had open heart surgery. We see cardiovascular/thoracic patients and families that are post CABG, heart caths, valve replacements, thoracotomies, and many other cardiothoracic surgical procedures. We also see general medical surgical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips. On 6NT, we train our staff to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so they can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. We have many opportunities for assessments, patient/family teaching, IVs, wound care, lab value analysis and medication administration/ management. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 5:1. One beautiful thing about 6NT is we are a heart floor in a heart hospital, so our beds are in high demand, are typically full, and our staff is rarely cancelled. We offer flexible scheduling through bid-shift and promote a team environment. On 6NT, we encourage communication and collaboration in an environment that is engaging and rewarding for our health care professionals, as well the patients on our unit.
This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support