Registered Nurse Lead - 2N Operating Room Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead organizes and oversees patient care delivery during an assigned shift; ensures proper staffing and smooth operations of a patient care unit. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead coaches/counsels individual team members; monitors and provides feedback on performance and addresses training needs. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead documents daily staffing, operational and administrative records; maintains compliance with governmental policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead provides direction and support to nursing staff demonstrating and promoting respect for the dignity and rights of every patient ; assists with communications with patients and families.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Minimum 2-3 years Nursing experience preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- CPI required within 90 days of hire/transfer date for Emergency Services Departments.
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date- ED/ICU/Neuro/IR
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.