Apply Now Registered Nurse Coordinator - Trauma Services Job in Corpus Christi
To promote optimal trauma care in the context of a regionalized trauma care system through: clinical activities; professional and public education; injury prevention, research activities; quality improvement activities; maintaining the trauma registry; and administrative functions. Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal and analytical skills. Self directed. Computer literate.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in emergency nursing and in the care of trauma patients, with advanced critical care skills.
- Current Texas State RN license
- CPR-(American Heart Association)
- ACLS-within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- TNCC or ATCN -within 18 months of hire/transfer
- ENPC or PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date