Registered Nurse Coordinator - Med/Surg (Pedi/Adult)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville
1500 East Houston Street
Beeville, TX 78102
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Coordinator - Med/Surg (Pedi/Adult) Job in Beeville
This position will be responsible for assisting the department Director and/or Manager in daily operations.Assists the charge nurse with evaluation of admissions, discharges and patient flow.Supervise work activities of licensed and non-licensed associates.This position will be working a percentage of time as a staff nurse.Assists in communicating a shared vision, mission and values within the department.Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care according to established standards, policies and procedures.Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of associates.
Our Medical Surgical department has an average daily census of 14, and a monthly census of about 80-100.We treat patients with a wide variety of medical issues including Pneumonia, Cellulitis, COPD, Diabetes, Heart Failure, Renal Failure, Chest Pain and Liver Failure.We are a team that enjoys supporting each other and working together with a vision.Nurses on our unit hold each other accountable and are empowered to make changes in the unit through our active shared governance. We participate in community events to educate our local population on preventive care and collaborate with city and county leaders to provide the needed resources to our community.We welcome and precept new graduate nurses from our local college as well as newcomers to the area.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Five years clinical experience in applicable nursing area (unit specific) preferred; Charge nurse experience preferred.
- Current Texas RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- For Shoreline Emergency Department:CPI within 90 days of hire/transfer date, TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date, ENPC or PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date, and NIHSS within 90 days of hire/transfer date.