Registered Nurse Care Manager-Case Management
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Care Manager-Case Management Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
This position provides expertise and leadership to insure effective resource management for patient care delivery (Conditions of Participation COP 482.30). Case Managers enhance the continuity of care and cost effectiveness by integrating the functions of case management, resource management, clinical documentation management, and discharge planning (Conditions of Participation COP 482.43). Daily and concurrently involved in the management of inpatient and observation patients by comprehensive assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluations of appropriate level of care. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required. BSN preferred.
· Proficient word processing skills in a Windows environment required.
· Ability to analyze and create reports and presentations via software applications.
· Familiarity with MIDAS and Meditech systems preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish)preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
· Case Management/Resource Management and discharge planning experience preferred. Milliman (MCG) Guideline and Interqual criteria experience highly preferred.
· Currently licensed as RN in the State of Texas required.
· CPR optional Certification in Case Management preferred.