Regional Research Director
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Education and Research
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Regional Research Director Job in Alexandria
The Regional Research Director (RRD) position is responsible for providing administrative oversight and facilitation for ethically- and financially-sound Research within the assigned CHRISTUS facility. The RRD works in partnership with the CMOs for the hospital within the assigned region and in collaboration with the System Director of Research for the CHRISTUS Institute for Innovation and Advanced Clinical Care (CIIACC). She/he provides onsite direction for all research activities and operations. He/she will work with the CHRISTUS Institute for Innovation and Advanced Clinical Care, the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Finance, and the the System Director of Research to execute contracts and agreements, subcontracts, and clinical trials within the area. The RRD will build relationships with both internal and external collaborators to further fortify regional research portfolio. The RRD assists in project planning and ensures that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed. Furthermore, he/she will coordinate the Regional Research Feasibility Committee to ensure all proposed research fits within the CHRISTUS Health’s Mission, Vision, and Goals. He/she will develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures. The director will provide direct supervision of associates working in the assigned facility. He/She will be responsible for implementation of the vision of the CIIACC and the strategic plan for research within the regional hospital.
- Master’s degree in management, nursing, or biomedical sciences
- MD, PhD and/or RN preferred in relevant field of biomedical sciences
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and challenge groups and individuals whose goals and objectives may differ.
- Proven success in establishing relationships with pharmaceutical firms, medical supply companies and potential business partners.
- Knowledge of ethical and strategic issues with regard to relationships between providers and industry.
- Proven management skills with ability to recruit, train, develop and retain researchers, supervisors, and support personnel.
- Established financial skills with the ability to develop, implement, and meet budgets of all types.
- Recognizable comfort interacting with physicians and staff.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills; experienced public speaker in one-on-one or large group settings.
- Ability to successfully integrate the departmental goals and objectives into everyday operations.
- Proven practice in building internal and external relationships with stakeholders and potential partners.
- Effective appreciation of process as it impacts hospital operations and outcomes.
- Willingness to educate at all levels and value the role of education.
- 5 years of experience in managing complex clinical research program in an academic health science center or health system
- Demonstrated experience in developing and fostering productive relationships/partnerships with industry sponsors and clinical research organizations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and fostering productive relationships/partnerships with academic organizations
- Demonstrated experience is managing daily operations of research
- Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining a culture of inquiry and innovation
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues, opportunities and challenges associated with technology transfer, and the regulatory environment affecting research activities.
- Experienced in research compliance and record of reviews by Institutional Review Boards.
- Experience in the awarding and management of research grants.
- Knowledge of current and future trends in continuing education for physicians and experience with education delivery systems.
- Evidence of passion for healthcare research and health professional education and training.
- Strong leadership, organization, management, communication, negotiation, and analytic skills
- CCRP, CCRC or equivalent acquired within 1 year of employment