Regional Radiation Safety Officer - St Frances Cabrini Hospital
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Regional Radiation Safety Officer - St Frances Cabrini Hospital Job in Alexandria
The Regional Radiation Safety Officer establishes and maintains current management processes to ensure organizational compliance with state, accreditation, and agency requirements for radiologic imaging and x-ray producing equipment/devices. Monitors radiation dosimetry readings and coordinates with affected department heads to prevent recurrence and ensure adherence to the principles of ALARA. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organization's mission, values, and culture.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Regional Associates are responsible for effectively collaborating with local leadership teams to meet accountability measures including, but not limited to, labor productivity standards, quality metrics, associate engagement and retention efforts, as well as service level agreements to the consumer.
- Meets all state and federal requirements of Radiation Safety Officer.
- The Regional Radiation Safety Officer is the associate responsible for the day-to-day radiation safety program.
- The Regional RSO will monitor and maintain absolute control of radioactive material use, storage, and disposal.
- The Regional RSO maintains all radiation related records and is also the primary contact on matters on the license and the use of radioactive materials.
- The Regional RSO will interpret new and existing regulations, and advise leadership on technical and regulatory issues regarding the radiation safety program's strategic direction by applying appropriate strategic measures.
- The Regional RSO performs varied and complex administrative duties requiring independent judgment and the application of policies and procedures as set by the Administration, Radiation Safety Committee, and all applicable state and federal law.
- The Regional RSO has the authority to enforce radiation policies and procedures regarding radiation safety and regulatory compliance of the use of ionizing radiation.
- The Regional RSO will provide consultation on all aspects of radiation protection to personnel at all levels of responsibility.
- The Regional RSO shall have access to any radiation producing areas at all times for inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associated in Radiology Technology Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- ARRT in Radiology Technology or Nuclear Medicine required
- Current state licensure required
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.