Regional Director of Quality Management - Quality Assurance
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Spohn System Office Santa Fe Street
Share This Job On
Apply Now Regional Director of Quality Management - Quality Assurance Job in Corpus Christi
In collaboration with other clinical leaders in the Regional Group, is responsible for ensuring that patient care is delivered within the framework of evidence-based practice throughout the health system continuum and for understanding existing and emerging requirements in healthcare quality, safety, service/experience and operational improvements. The Regional Group is defined as CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline, South, Kleberg, Beeville, Alice and Memorial.
Responsible for researching and recommending the annual quality management objectives. Facilitates medical staff and other committee meetings that are conducting quality and peer review activities. Directs the daily activities of the Quality Management Department and its staff responsible for the region. The Quality Management Department consists of quality, infection prevention, regulatory, risk management and patient safety. Designs the measurement techniques, audits and data reports which evaluate the attainment of the quality objectives of the hospital, region, and system. Educates the hospital and medical staff on matters related to quality. The Regional Director of Quality Management oversees and coordinates the process of regulatory accreditation including preparing and monitoring the hospital staff for a constant state of readiness, compliance with standards, and promoting a culture of safety. In collaboration with CHRISTUS Health & CHRISTUS Hospital Senior leaders, facility leaders, physicians and the Board of Directors, he/she collaborates with other leaders to develop the strategic direction for the overall delivery of high-quality patient care across the continuum of health care service specifically related to improving organizational performance. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, tracking, and reporting of clinical quality of care and patient safety efforts in alignment with the corporate strategies for performance improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing or a relevant clinical discipline with evidence of additional training in Quality required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or other healthcare related profession strongly preferred.
- Language Ability: Excellent communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to Associates, Executive Leadership, Committees and the Board.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a strategic quality position of a complex health care environment
- Current Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) required or actively seeking the certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Current license in a relevant clinical discipline is required.