5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Regional Director Construction
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Regional Director Construction Job in Tyler
This position reports to and is under the general direction of the Vice President Construction. Position responsible for management of ministry project managers and associated projects within an assigned geographic market. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality, and communication with assigned ministry leaders. The Director is responsible for oversight in the management and directing schedules and budgets including: hazardous materials, capital construction and special projects; coordinate and supervise project managers and the construction process from the conceptual development stage through post occupancy and warranty period, in a timely and cost effective manner; oversees the organizational regions planning, bidding, scheduling, and implementation of projects; coordinate assignments and manage people, materials and equipment, budgets, schedules and contracts; and provide for safety of the System Associates and the general public. The Director will be required to travel between sites in the performance of duties as well as periodic travels to other destinations.
- Manage/Supervise multiple project managers concurrently and represent the System’s interest on construction projects.
- Communicate and coordinate all construction activities with local/regional CEO’s, CFO’s, COO’s, CNO and system directors (peers) in all areas involved in project execution.
- Interface with the staff, administration, project architects, engineers and general contractors related to the initial program development, final program development, planning.
- Oversight and development of Final Project Proposals, design, capital submission, bidding and construction of capital projects, hazardous materials projects, and special projects.
- Interface and communicate with applicable campus’ project manager, facility planning and maintenance department, system facility planning and compliance department on programming, planning, construction documents, bidding, construction, equipment bid package/acquisition/installation and post construction issue management.
- Oversee the development of contract specifications, as well as managing construction contracts and other professional service contracts as directed by the Vice President.
- Act as the primary system management contact on construction projects and provide the project team leadership with the necessary resources to complete the project.
- Lead the development of project programs; evaluate and recommend various construction and delivery methods in the construction and/or renovation of existing buildings; Oversee development of the planning and scheduling of construction projects; prepare detailed construction budget estimates and schedules; implement System policy and procedures; oversee the performance of all contractors; ensure that all work is completed according to construction plans, specifications and schedule; and establish and maintain project files.
- Manage, direct and monitor the progress of construction projects; track the delivery of the construction product: participate in all construction meetings; provide direction in the implementation of the construction contract; and direct and monitor compliance with building and safety codes and all regulations.
- Oversee the review of engineering and architectural drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness; monitor progress and ensure compliance with plans, specifications and schedules; track and control construction costs against the project budget: Approve Requests for Information and Change Orders: Review meeting notes; participate in claims reviews; and may prepare periodic reports of progress and project status.
- Meet regularly with Ministry staff, contractors, architects, and others to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction project.
- Plan, direct, review, and implement the activities, operations, and programs of System construction project.
- Manage, oversee, and participate in the development of the programs work plans; implement work activities, projects, and programs; monitor project workflow; review and evaluate project status, compliance with document, methods and procedures.
- Manages and leads project management staff in ministries and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Formally supervises individual project managers and/or subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group.
- Track, analyze, audit and report construction project change orders, RFP’s, CCD’s, pay requests for all projects assigned.
- Manage and prepare a variety of reports, including program activity reports and financial reports.
- Management and oversight of request for professional services through the Request for Qualification process.
- Integrate with Facility Management team to create a System network for all projects.
- Exhibit a complete understanding of system corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risk for ministry and system.
- Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors and professional organizations.
- Oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM).
- Approve inspection and project expenses related to work and necessary oversight and coordination with any and all authorities having jurisdiction.
- Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including applicable Department of Health.
- Work with local and regional FM team, insurance adjustor and system operators to support regional emergency response as necessary.
- Assist operational VP’s in the non-acute projects.(CTC, CPG, Velocity, Urgent Cares etc.)
- Bachelors degree
- Communication – Excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Interpersonal – able to work well with others and participate as a team player
- Organizational Ability – abele to plan, prioritize, organize, and monitor activities and projects.Ability to manage multiple project managers and project simultaneously
- Computer Skills – basic knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for Windows, and Project.AutoCAD or Blue beam preferable
- 8 -12 years practical work experience with direct reports (preferred)