7AM - 7PM
Reg Respiratory Therapist Lead - Cardiopulmonary
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
Share This Job On
Reg Respiratory Therapist Lead - Cardiopulmonary Job in Corpus Christi
Performs the same basic clinical accumen of the RRT:Provides respiratory care procedures under medical direction specifically focused on the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as well as on the prevention of the development of these deficiencies.Therapy includes but is not limited to application and monitoring of medical gases (excluding anesthetic gases) and environmental control systems; mechanical ventilatory support; artificial airway care; bronchopulmonary hygiene; pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures; basic hemodynamic cardiovascular support appropriate to ages served: primarily adults 18 – 65 or geriatric patient’s ages over 65.May also include care for infant age 0 – 1 year, child ages 1 – 12 or adolescent ages 13 – 17 years.Care is provided within an assigned unit of the hospital, in accordance with accepted clinical practices and established policies and procedures.The focus of patient and family education activities is to promote knowledge of disease process, medical therapy and self-help.Works with other disciplines to ensure a collaborative approach to the care of the patient.May have other duties assigned as required.
Other duties include: Offers shift leadership in the Cardiopulmonary department, assisting Manager with annual personnel competency evaluations, routine workload dispersal and overview of operations.Serves as department liason to physicians and nursing staff concerning respiratory equipment and services.Serves as preceptor and educator to orienting staff
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging.The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Respiratory Therapy program. BSRT preferred.
- Three years general adult care experience preferred.Two years of Critical Care experience and two years of pediatric or neonatal care experience preferred at South campus
- Registered Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS certification within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- South:NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date.
- Alice, Beeville & Kleberg:Initial NRP certification required by 10/31/2018.Effective 11/01/2018, NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date.