Reg Respiratory Therapist Lead - Cardiopulmonary
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Reg Respiratory Therapist Lead - Cardiopulmonary Job in Corpus Christi
Performs the same basic clinical acumen of the RRT: Provides respiratory care procedures under medical direction specifically focused on the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as well as on the prevention of the development of these deficiencies. Therapy includes but is not limited to application and monitoring of medical gases (excluding anesthetic gases) and environmental control systems; mechanical ventilatory support; artificial airway care; bronchopulmonary hygiene; pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures; basic hemodynamic cardiovascular support appropriate to ages served: primarily adults 18 – 65 or geriatric patient’s ages over 65.May also include care for infant age 0 – 1 year, child ages 1 – 12 or adolescent ages 13 – 17 years. Care is provided within an assigned unit of the hospital, in accordance with accepted clinical practices and established policies and procedures. The focus of patient and family education activities is to promote knowledge of disease process, medical therapy and self-help. Works with other disciplines to ensure a collaborative approach to the care of the patient. May have other duties assigned as required.
Other duties include: Offers shift leadership in the Cardiopulmonary department, assisting Manager with annual personnel competency evaluations, routine workload dispersal and overview of operations. Serves as department liaison to physicians and nursing staff concerning respiratory equipment and services. Serves as preceptor and educator to orienting staff.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Respiratory Therapy program.
- BSRT preferred.
- Three years general adult care experience preferred. Two years of Critical Care experience and two years of pediatric or neonatal care experience preferred at South campus
- Registered Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS certification within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- South: NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date.
- Alice, Beeville & Kleberg: Initial NRP certification required by 10/31/2018.Effective 11/01/2018, NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date.