Radiology Technologist- Urgent Care Clinic
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Promptu Immediate Care Carmel Canyon
11823 Culebra Road
San Antonio, TX 78253
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Radiology Technologist- Urgent Care Clinic Job in San Antonio
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and may be required to function as a Medical Assistant as needed.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking X-rays following established procedures. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patient’s vital signs during examination.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment.
- Maintains accurate radiology records as directed and logs all procedures completed. Processes routine paperwork and files reports.
- Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
- Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers film to radiologists for reading/ interpretation.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
Requirements:Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred. Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Current CPR certification.
Per Diem As Needed