Apply Now Radiology Technologist - Urgent Care Job in Longview
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and may be required to function as a Medical Assistant as needed.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking X-rays following established procedures. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patient’s vital signs during examination.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment.
- Maintains accurate radiology records as directed and logs all procedures completed. Processes routine paperwork and files reports.
- Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
- Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers film to radiologists for reading/ interpretation.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
- Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current CPR certification.