Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic - PRN Job in San Antonio
At the direction of the Radiologist, and under the general supervision of the Lead Technologist, Supervisor, and/or indirect supervision of the Manager/Director of the Department of Radiology, operates radiographic equipment to make radiographs of designated area of the body and assists the Radiologist in the production of fluoroscopic procedures. Adjusts radiographic equipment to correct settings for each procedure, positions, and instructs patients, determines proper exposure technique and calibration field for each radiograph. Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices such as sandbags and angle sponges to obtain the precise position, and to prevent the patient from moving and lessen discomfort to the patient; adjust lead shields to protect unaffected parts of the body from exposure to ionizing radiation. Operate a variety of fixed and mobile radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment; obtains diagnostic results while adhering to prescribed radiation standards, assures that accuracy and quality of examination is maintained and performs other related duties as required or directed.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology required.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics, and radiographic positioning techniques.
- Must have thorough knowledge of radiation safety protocols.
- Must have ability to operate various types of radiographic equipment, fixed and mobile, automatic and manual processing.
- Must possess at least basic computer skills with ability to learn and use the facility’s system.
- 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting highly preferred
- Experience with trauma patients preferred
- Current registration from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required. Temporary permit required for new graduates.
- Current licensure from the Texas Medical Board (MRT) required.
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required.
Per Diem as Needed