3PM - 11PM
Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
At the direction of the Radiologist, and under the general supervision of the Lead Technologist, Supervisor, and/or indirect supervision of the Manager/Director of the Department of Radiology, operates radiographic equipment to make radiographs of designated area of the body and assists the Radiologist in the production of fluoroscopic procedures. Adjusts radiographic equipment to correct settings for each procedure, positions, and instructs patients, determines proper exposure technique and calibration field for each radiograph. Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices such as sandbags and angle sponges to obtain the precise position, and to prevent the patient from moving and lessen discomfort to the patient; adjust lead shields to protect unaffected parts of the body from exposure to ionizing radiation. Operate a variety of fixed and mobile radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment; obtains diagnostic results while adhering to prescribed radiation standards, assures that accuracy and quality of examination is maintained and performs other related duties as required or directed.
· Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology required.
· Must have knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics, and radiographic positioning techniques.
· Must have thorough knowledge of radiation safety protocols.
· Must have ability to operate various types of radiographic equipment, fixed and mobile, automatic and manual processing.
· Must possess at least basic computer skills with ability to learn and use the facility’s system.
· 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting highly preferred
· Experience with trauma patients preferred
· Current registration from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required. Temporary permit required for new graduates.
· Current licensure from the Texas Medical Board (MRT) required.
· Current BLS (American Heart Association) required.