5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Radiology Technologist - Pedi Multi Specialty
Children’s Hospital of San Antonio
CHRISTUS CH of SA Emergency Center Stone Oak
1434 East Sonterra Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78258
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Radiology Technologist - Pedi Multi Specialty Job in San Antonio
At the direction of the Radiologist, and under the general supervision of the Lead Technologist, Supervisor, and/or indirect supervision of the Manager/Director of the Department of Radiology, operates radiographic equipment to make radiographs of designated area of the body and assists the Radiologist in the production of fluoroscopic procedures. Adjusts radiographic equipment to correct settings for each procedure, positions, and instructs patients, determines proper exposure technique and calibration field for each radiograph. Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices such as sandbags and angle sponges to obtain the precise position, and to prevent the patient from moving and lessen discomfort to the patient; adjust lead shields to protect unaffected parts of the body from exposure to ionizing radiation. Operate a variety of fixed and mobile radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment; obtains diagnostic results while adhering to prescribed radiation standards, assures that accuracy and quality of examination is maintained and performs other related duties as required or directed.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology preferred.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics, and radiographic positioning techniques.
- Must have thorough knowledge of radiation safety protocols.
- Must have ability to operate various types of radiographic equipment, fixed and mobile, automatic and manual processing.
- Must possess at least basic computer skills with ability to learn and use the facility’s system.
- 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting highly preferred
- Experience with trauma patients preferred
- Current registration from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required. Temporary permit required for new graduates.
- Current licensure from the Texas Medical Board (MRT) required.
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required.