Radiology Technologist Lead-Radiology Diagnostic-Full Time
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Alamo Heights
Share This Job On
Radiology Technologist Lead-Radiology Diagnostic-Full Time Job in San Antonio
The Radiology Lead Tech is responsible for the daily operation of Diagnostic Radiology. The Radiology Lead Tech is responsible for coordinating patient scheduling and daily work assignments and serves as a resource for the diagnostic technologists. The Tech Lead suggests changes in procedures, policies, and quality improvement, as well as coordinates training and development of the diagnostic technologists, keeping them advised of technological and procedural changes. The Lead Tech demonstrates mastery of all hospital or clinical Imaging competencies. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Maintain consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Be able to manipulate, move images, annotate, and QA exams proficiently. Follow PACS downtime procedures when needed. Report any problem or issue to the PACS Administrator or his designee.
- The Radiology Lead Tech is competent in performing all general and advanced level imaging procedures and performs patient assessment within the scope of practice.
- Coordinate and participate in orientation, onboarding and training of diagnostic technologists.
- Observe radiation, personnel, and patient safety measures.
- Functions as a resource for staff and physicians on department policies as well as assist with creating the functions to improve and promote a customer-focused approach to patient care.
- Troubleshoots and reports any equipment malfunctions to Director/Manager and/or Bio-medical personnel.
- Must be able to be operate ALL workstation functions.
- Coordinates and prioritizes procedures during the workday to maintain a high level of patient care and continuity.
- Must ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as deemed appropriate by State and Federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Demonstrates adherence to the Core Values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as Radiologic Technologist required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience previously as a lead technologist or a position similar to that of a lead technologist at another institution preferred.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required.
- State licensure required.
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.