Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by
physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and may be required to function as a
Medical Assistant as needed.
1. Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking X-rays following established
procedures. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patient's vital signs
2. Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment.
3. Maintains accurate radiology records as directed and logs all procedures completed.
Processes routine paperwork and files reports.
4. Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual
5. Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition,
magnification and distortion.
6. Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers film to radiologists for reading/
7. Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
8. Cleans and makes minor adjustments to radiologic equipment. Schedules routine
maintenance. Develops and monitors an ongoing QI program with targeted QI aspects
of care to be reported on a routine basis. Ensures department compliance with OSHA.
9. Participates in training employees in equipment operation, patient movement, and
10. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
11. Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences, and
12. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized
disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
13. Maintains strict confidentiality.
14. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear,
positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
15. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives,
quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
16. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS
Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural
17. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
18. Performs other related work as required.
- Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current CPR certification.