5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Quality Assurance - Infection Preventionist
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
Quality and Risk Management
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
Share This Job On
Apply Now Quality Assurance - Infection Preventionist Job in Lake Charles
Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the hospital-wide infection prevention control program. Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance prevention and control strategies. Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection. Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention and control. Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
· Bachelor's Degree in healthcare related field of study preferred
· Demonstrates interest in field of infection control of epidemiology and OSHA standards.
· Must be familiar with identification of pathogens, antibiotic susceptibility testing, normal microbial flora of the human body and its distribution.
· Minimum of 3 years prior Infection Prevention experience.
· Current clinical license or certification in state of employment in healthcare related field required (includes nursing, public health, laboratory/micro, or any other medical specialty)
· CIC (Certification in Infection Prevention and Control) preferred