Public Health AmeriCorps Community HEART Work Member I-Full Time
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
Share This Job On
Public Health AmeriCorps Community HEART Work Member I-Full Time Job in Texarkana
Working collaboratively as part of a team of Public Health AmeriCorps Community HEART Work (PHACHWs) Members, Community Health Workers, clinicians, and administrative professionals. The PHACHW I will provide screening, referral, and navigation services to connect individuals and their families to social and medical services to resolve their identified needs. The PHACHW I will provide culturally competent patient-centered care to develop a care plan, identifying individual barriers and goals, to improve areas of need. The PHACHW I act as an intermediary for individuals aiding communication between individuals and clinical and community service providers. The PHACHW I provide education and information about health, wellness, and social services. The PHACHW I collect and maintains data on referrals and outcomes while adhering to established protocols and protecting the confidentiality of patient information. The PHACHW I will perform tasks, which align to the identified priorities of the Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan.
CHRISTUS Health is the recipient of grant funding from Public Health AmeriCorps, a collaboration between AmeriCorps and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Two main goals of this partnership are to: 1) Address public health needs of local communities by providing support in state and local public health settings and advancing more equitable health outcomes for underserved communities; and 2) Create pathways to good quality public health-related careers through onsite experience and training, with a focus on recruiting AmeriCorps members who reflect the communities in which they will serve.
To this end, CHRISTUS Health will engage with individuals to serve their communities as AmeriCorps service members. Members serve for a minimum of a one-year term and will not be considered employees of CHRISTUS Health. A living allowance, health insurance, and end of service education award (managed by Public Health AmeriCorps) are provided, but other CHRISTUS Health employee benefits will not be offered to individuals participating in this program.
More information about Public Health AmeriCorps is available here:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good judgment, initiative, and flexibility
- Ability to develop positive relationships with others, remaining open-minded and nonjudgmental.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to serving vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about health issues, the healthcare system, and community services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- 1 year of experience volunteering, working in the community, or working in a healthcare facility, public health department, or community-based organization preferred.
- Promotor(a) or Community Health Workers Certification or willingness to obtain within six months of start.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.