Project Manager IT Lead- PPMO Job in Irving
Under the direction of the Director of PPMO, the IS PMO - Lead works with Project management staff to identify priorities, resource availabilities for assignment. IS PMO – Lead ensures all projects follows PMO processes and methodologies set forth. Supports Information System related business planning requirements including, but not limited to, budgeting, scheduling, and workload planning. Maintains project issues and reports to Information System management and local steering teams on progress of critical path items. Reports project status and accomplishments. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The IS PMO - Lead will gather and evaluate information concerning a user’s conceptual needs, estimate and schedule project activities and associated costs, coordinate and participate in analysis/design/coding activities, ensure that system changes are fully tested, ensure users are fully trained and prepared, associated guideline and procedure requirements are met, and coordinate implementation of the changes.
- Follow PMO methodology, processes to lead and manage projects end to end
- Responsible for creating and managing project scope, resource and budget.
- Responsible for analyzing, understanding business requirements, vendor statement of works and other form of requirement documents to clearly outline project artifacts
- Expected to manage multiple projects by maintaining the high level of quality in terms of deliverables, implementation and customer experience.
- Responsible to manage complex, enterprise level projects with minimal oversight. Enterprise level projects include several ministries/locations. Project Manager is responsible to bring in right leadership, resources, vendors and all stakeholders together to organize and facilitate project kick-off.
- Responsible for creating Charter, Project Plan, Budget Tracker, RACI, Weekly Status Reports, Project Steering Committee and presentation materials, GLRA and Change Management processes.
- Responsible for establishing critical path milestones and reporting the status to the executive leadership on a regular basis.
- Must develop concrete project plan before moving project to implementation. Lead and track the project progress by the project plan. Not acceptable to manage projects without project plan.
- Responsible for identifying dependencies, risks ahead of time, work with respective stakeholders to create mitigation plan and actively monitor and report the progress.
- Adhere to PPMO department policies, procedures and documentation requirements. All projects and documentations are subject to internal/external audits, must need to maintain meticulous documentation.
- Responsible for facilitating planning & design sessions to iron out clear in-scope, out of scope and designs of the projects.
- Training: Works with IS Training and Vendors on the following:
- Planning for and ensuring preparation and maintenance of documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
- Translating business specifications into user documentation.
- Planning, writing, and overseeing user support documentation efforts, including online help screens.
- Insuring training of users in the operation and functionality of computer applications and the related business processes.
- Validating competency of users in utilization of information systems prior to systems go-live or major changes.
- Insuring super-users or other support personnel are in place at go-live, and succession planning is documented to insure ongoing competency support in facilities and departments affected by new systems being implemented or upgraded.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience in an Information Systems environment required.
- Working experience in large multi-hospital system is preferred
- Clinical project implementation and management is required, Epic or Meditech specific experience is preferred.
- Previous experience managing projects of small to medium scope and complexity. Must have six years previous experience working on information technology project teams and in obtaining customer requirements and other analysis activities.
- PMI Certification strongly preferred.
- Clinical education background is a preferred