Project Manager II- Clinical Research
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Project Manager II- Clinical Research Job in Irving
The Project Manager - Clinical Research of the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Finance (OSPRF) will complete pre-award tasks to include full study builds in the Clinical Trial Management System (CREDIT), developing and coding billing grids from the study builds, loading study budgets into the study builds, etc. In doing so the Project Manager - Clinical Research will review study builds with Clinical Research Associates (CRA), train CRAs when necessary and ensure CRA compliance. This position is responsible for developing accurate coverage analyses in accordance with Medicare's Clinical Trial Policy (NCD 310.1) and assisting research staff within the clinical departments with the interpretation of related guidance and their effect on research billing processes.
The Project Manager - Clinical Research will implement clinical research billing best practices and provide exceptional support to internal and external clients of CHRISTUS Health System, CHRISTUS Institute for Advanced Clinical Care (CIIACC), partners and affiliates. The primary purpose of the Project Manager - Clinical Research is to analyze and resolve complex clinical research patient accounts. The Project Manager will utilize various systems (i.e. Epic, Meditech, manual billing processes) to correctly identify accounts with clinical research charges, and route these charges for payment according to the coverage analysis. Once research charges are identified and transferred to the appropriate account, the Project Manager will follow up with the Financial Analyst to ensure timely payment of research charges. In addition to reconciling patient accounts, and under the guidance of the Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Finance, the Analyst will also develop best practices within the Office and serve as an established resource for Clinical Research Billing Compliance for study teams within the CHRISTUS Health Research Enterprise.
- Read and interpret research study protocol
- Build clinical research studies in the Clinical Trial Management System
- Complete coverage analysis, study builds in the Clinical Trial Management System, assist with budget preparation, etc.
- Work a large volume of bill hold accounts for both Professional and Hospital Billing within established productivity goals.
- Identifies and resolves issues with the billing process.
- Maintains clinical billing procedures and identifies process improvement initiatives.
- Serves as a resource for research study teams related to clinical research billing.
- Provides coding guidance to the Pre-Award team for coverage analysis and budgeting purposes.
- Provides coding education to providers and other staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management, Science, or other related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong inpatient and outpatient coding.
- Have working knowledge of research IDE billing process
- Strong organization, communication, negotiation, and analytic skills required.
- Extensive customer service interactions required.
- Knowledge of research administration strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently. Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- 3 years of revenue cycle coding preferred
- Clinical Research Coordinator experience preferred
- 3 years of clinical research experience preferred
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding. (Oncology coding experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of multiple Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems including Epic, Meditech, Athena, Mosaic, Aria, OncoEMR, etc. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical records and charge documents
- Certified Clinical Research Professional or Related
- Certified Medical Coder Certified Revenue Cycle Representative