8AM - 5PM
Project Manager I- Construction
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Project Manager I- Construction Job in Longview
Under the general direction of the Director Construction Operations, the Construction Project Manager will provide effective leadership in promoting and articulating the mission of the System. The Manager is responsible for managing and directing schedules and budgets including: hazardous materials, capital construction and special projects; coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through post occupancy and warranty period, in a timely and cost effective manner; oversees the organization, planning, bidding, scheduling, and implementation of projects; coordinate assignments and manage people, materials and equipment, budgets, schedules and contracts; and provide for safety of the System Associates and the general public. The Manager will be required to travel between sites in the performance of duties as well as periodic travels to other destinations.
Interface with the staff, administration, project architects, engineers and general contractors related to the initial program development, final program development, planning, project execution, and closeout.
Direct and monitor the progress of construction projects; track the delivery of the construction product. Ensure that project budget expenditures remain within budget allocation
Work with outside vendors and equipment suppliers for coordination and purchase of project related equipment, furniture, and fixtures
Prepare a variety of reports, including program activity reports and financial reports
Track, analyze, audit and report construction project change orders, RFP’s, CCD’s, pay requests for all projects assigned.
Review engineering and architectural drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness
Assist in the development of Final Project Proposals, design, capital submission, bidding and construction of capital projects, hazardous materials projects and special projects.
Interface with each Campus’ facility planning and maintenance department and system facility planning and compliance department on programming, planning, construction documents, bidding, construction, equipment bid package/acquisition/installation and post construction issue management.
- Serves as a project manager on major complex projects, initiatives and/or implementation projects
- Oversees assigned projects including monitoring project performance and compliance with applicable specifications, rules, regulations and laws
- Responsible for the preparation of initial and final documentation necessary for delivery to customer, systems and programming; insures quality and timeliness of work performed and the final products
- Develop organizational tools such as project plans, timelines, meeting agendas, conceptual models and presentations to document and communicate project goals and needs, engage stakeholders and define deadlines and accountabilities
- Establishes schedules and methods for achieving project goals and objectives; and reviews work products, makes corrections and coordinates accordingly with health plan leadership
- Facilitates communication across distinct functional teams such as medical management, operations, analytics and IT, finance, state and local government, vendors, consultants, executive leadership
- Develop, maintain and activate systems for deviations from project plans to facilitate decision-making, adjustment to plans and communication to project leadership
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred