Program Manager Virtual Biobank
CHRISTUS System Office
Education and Research
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Program Manager Virtual Biobank Job in Irving
The Program Manager, Virtual Biobank will be responsible for the overall management, research excellence, upward growth, and rigorous expansion of CHRISTUS Virtual Biobank (CVB), part of CHRISTUS Institute for Innovation & Advanced Clinical Care (CIIACC) under the System Office of Research & Academics (ORA). This includes planning and implementing strategies to increase availability and utilization of high-quality and fully annotated biospecimen, reduce project costs, and evaluate/deploy new business models. The successful candidate will serve as a remote manager of daily CVB functions at research site-level for top-notch service delivery, protocol adherence, and regulatory compliance. S/he will also have a strong background in human subject research compliance and knowledge of applicable federal regulations, as set forth in 45 CFR 46, 21 CFR 56, 21 CFR Part 11, regulatory product development processes, etc. The incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert of biospecimen research. S/he will identify, establish, develop, grow business relationships, and attract new research funding from biobank research sponsors, CROs, vendors, academia, government agencies, service providers (such as pathology groups), etc.
- Act as a liaison between the System Office, various Regional Research Offices, study sponsors/CROs/vendors, and cross-functional internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure timely launch of biobanking projects via feasibility analysis and review, IRB application submissions, budget proposal development, contract/MTA processing, etc.
- Ensure Research Sites are successfully set-up for daily CVB functions such as screening and ethical consenting of donors, timely biospecimen procurement, processing, labeling, quality control, cold chain management, inspection, packaging, shipping logistics, data abstraction, CRF completion, CTMS compliance, data queries/resolution, invoicing, etc.
- Assist and support management in the implementation of system-wide biobanking research protocols
- Serve as regulatory coordinator for biobanking research projects
- Monitor the progress of biobanking research projects throughout the project life-cycle
- Lead remote monitoring, and remote data entry
- Track and report metrics, as determined by management, within agreed timelines
- Develop and ensure compliance of reliable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policies, as applicable
- Understand, articulate, and implement best practices to ensure highest industry standards for quality control
- Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI)
- Establish strategies for adequate multi-modal marketing of CVB services
- Bachelors degree, preferably in biomedical/scientific discipline, Histology, Medical Technology, or a related field
- Other strong skillsets sought are interpersonal, dependability, leadership, collaboration, organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail.
- 3 years of experience managing biobank operations, biomedical laboratory, or clinical research operations
- Experience with technology systems such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), RedCap, LIMS, EMR (EPIC, etc.), EDC systems, CTMS (Credit), etc.
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP), Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) or obtain within 1 year of employment