5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Program Manager IT- Technical
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Program Manager IT- Technical Job in Irving
The PPMO (Project and Portfolio Management Office) Program Manager reports to the Director of the PPMO. This position is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of programs and projects through a disciplined IT project management process in close collaboration with business partners, team members, and various IT functions. In addition to program management duties, the Program Manager will provide process leadership and support to other Project Managers with structuring projects. The Program Manager will consult with Project Directors on the use of project management tools and will lead process improvement initiatives in support of CHRISTUS Health’s strategic plans. Program Managers will also serve as mentors to other Project Managers within the PPMO.
- Tracks and manages the program roadmaps/schedules for upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Responsible for managing/building the business relationships for respective programs.
- Coordinates with Project Managers, other IT business units as well as vendors within the assigned programs to ensure proper project documentation and resource utilization across programs.
- Maintains strong customer focus while coordinating and collaborating with stakeholders, vendors, and IT resources in the implementation of key projects using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Manages programs and or multiple concurrent projects which are not necessarily related or interdependent.
- Provides leadership to project managers, fosters a positive team environment, and provides direction in ambiguous situations.
- Utilizes negotiation skills to influence and creatively achieve successful outcomes around scope, schedule, budget, issues/risks, and resources for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively exercises initiative in identifying, tracking, and removing impediments to program success. Approaches risk identification and mitigation, accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
- Understands how individual projects affect the program/portfolio and exercises judgment in raising issues and risks to the program/portfolio level.
- Arbitrates and resolves conflicts within the program when necessary. Understands appropriate paths and methods for escalation.
- Managing the program’s budget.
The program manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. He or she must have the following:
Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- PMP preferred and a strong grasp of project management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and other relevant software
- Proficiency with SharePoint, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, and Project Management software (e.g.: MS Project, ServiceNow PPM, etc.).
- 10 years' experience in project management and quality management
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment
- Proven ability to interact with various levels of management and other Associates
- PMP preferred
Full Time Onsite