The primary role for the Program Manager for Clinical Integration is oversight to the Health Information Exchange, Telemedicine and other integration technologies. This position will also provide program management for other service lines as needed including the following: Day-to-day operational management of all activities and functions in the designated program area; developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards; determining program service levels and enhancements; developing and monitoring program budgets; providing technical advice and/or oversight to staff or other departments related to respective programs; evaluating information concerning a customer’s conceptual needs and guiding development of system investment proposals; and estimating and coordinating program activities and associated costs. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Life Cycle Management
- PMO Policies and Procedures – Adhere to all PMO policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure PM’s follow set standards
– Manages the product life cycle for a set of "related" software programs including:
- Reviews/understands market/technology trends for relevant systems
- Manages CHRISTUS portfolio of applications for relevant systems, and fit within the enterprise architecture
- Conducts release planning for system upgrades
- Conducts contract management for related systems
- Designs applications integration and enterprise architecture for related systems
- Understands the operational needs of CHRISTUS facilities and corporate organization, and evaluates opportunities to improve operations through applications technology and/or more efficient use of available technologies. Guides and assists with customer processes including:
- System selection processes for new applications
- Case for Change research and documentation
- Pre-implementation gap analysis and scope definition
- Project metrics and ROI definition
- Finalizes “Discovery” and “Definition” phases of the project lifecycle prior to handoff to Implementation Services
Vision and Strategy
– Provides input into the CHRISTUS Strategy vision and strategy of the organization, supporting the ITIL strategic plan and continuous improvement plan.
- Monitors, manages and/or performs day-to-day operations of the assigned programs to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; take corrective action as necessary.
Budget & Financial Administration
- Develops and manages detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
- Facilitates System Standardization/Rationalization, managing and updating the Clinical Strategy line portfolio of standard applications and technology. Assists the project initiation team processes for scheduling and resourcing projects.
– Provides effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, possesses good negotiating skills and promotes teamwork among subordinates.
–Develops and implements standards and procedures for technical and operational processes, tools and communication techniques. Analyzes and recommends procedural and technical standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
– Assists in the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of information systems, including software, hardware and support services, following established processes.
– Develops reports reflecting the performance of applications within the assigned portfolios including financial and operational performance, impact on clinical quality and organization effectiveness, and other parameters reflecting the value of systems to the organization.
- Interfaces with IM management to understand their business and service needs and develop processes for IM implementation to accommodate them. Leads in the development and documentation of procedures and standards that ensure accurate evaluation of Clinical Strategy standards required for support of clinical, business and technical processes.
– Maintains and demonstrates good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
– Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Business or related field preferred.
- An advanced Information Systems or Business degree will be considered an asset.
- Education and experience in relevant ITIL support and delivery processes preferred.
- Six years of experience managing IT or healthcare projects or programs of small to medium scope and complexity or a combination of years of relevant experience and equivalent education.
- PgMP and/or PMP preferred.