Program Director Ethics - Pastoral Care
Mission and Spiritual Care
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Spohn Administration Office
Share This Job On
Apply Now Program Director Ethics - Pastoral Care Job in Corpus Christi
The Director of Ethics is responsible for the overall planning, design, development, implementation, operation, and evaluation of ethics consultation, education, and integration throughout CHRISTUS Spohn. This role is carried out under the direction of the regional Vice President Mission Integration and in close collaboration with the CHRISTUS Health System Director of Ethics and the CHRISTUS Spohn Regional Ethics Committee. The Director is grounded in the teachings of the Catholic Church, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs), and the Mission and Core Values of CHRISTUS Health. The Director works to ensure an increasingly effective moral community throughout CHRISTUS Spohn characterized by sound ethical decision-making policies and processes, effective and consistent ethics education, and the overall integration of ethical decision making throughout the ministry. Using operational expertise in clinical ethics consultation skills, the Director supports the Ethics Consult Team in its work to respond to clinical ethics consults, and supports the Ethics Committee in its work of integrating ethics into regional processes, policies, and resources for ethics.
- Masters degree or above in Catholic Healthcare Ethics, bioethics, moral theology, philosophy, law, medicine, or similar field.
- A fellowship in clinical ethics is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work as a team member; poise and clarity in group presentations.
- Understands clinical ethics and is comfortable in a clinical setting, interfacing with clinicians
- Understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings, and the ERDs.
- Minimum five years healthcare experience, preferably in Catholic healthcare.
- Understands and is committed to Catholic healthcare.
- Proven experience in planning, management, and implementation skills.
- A practicing Catholic with experience in Catholic healthcare is preferred, but not required.