Product Manager Health Plan Job in Irving
At the direction of the Director of Product Management, CHRISTUS Health Plan (CHP), the Product Manager – Health Plans (Product Manager) will provide a collaborative link between business strategy, operations and technology teams, by designing, implementing and maintaining health insurance products that help to achieve overall business objectives and goals. The Product Manager will work with stakeholders to prioritize and implement product and system enhancements to increase operational efficiencies, maintain regulatory compliance and increase the covered lives to the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Keeps informed of both federal and state regulatory changes that impact operations, and works with business stakeholders and technology partners to establish the best path to compliance.
- Represents CHRISTUS Health Plan with the regulatory agencies for the product and performs as the subject matter expert on technical, multi-stakeholder industry collaborations, such as the Health Plan Alliance and other industry groups.
- Provides leadership, product expertise and support for initiatives related to product development, compliance, operational and process improvements, claims management, vendor management, product documentation, fulfillment, and/or system releases.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to establish, support and maintain member-facing functions and tools that enhance the member experience, improve member retention, and reduce operational overhead.
- Defines, tracks and communicates key product and financial performance indicators as required to track business results.
- Works with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest product information and product team metrics.
- Works within the product budget established in consultation with business sponsors and product management by balancing resources across the product team, but primarily to sustain product teams to deliver and enhance the product.
- Performs and assists in designing quantitative studies of trends in the supported products, benefits, plan performance on the Risk Adjustment, HEDIS Measures, CMS’s Five-Star Quality Ratings System, NCQA Plan Rating System, different population performance, and other product strategic initiatives and goals.
- Ensuring the delivery team is prepared to perform and service the product before and after the launch of a product.
- Act as the "keeper (and communicator) of the vision" to translate the product strategy and vision developed with business stakeholders into what the operational and technology teams must bear in mind every day to ensure they are fulfilling the requirements of the product.
- Works closely with product operational and technology teams to ensure product objectives and goals are being meet.
- Collaborates with other product owners, operational, and technology teams to avoid duplication and manage dependencies.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders such as ministry leadership, data and IT architects to align product and platform architectures and capabilities according to agreed goals.
- Performs other tasks as required or assigned.
This role will high-level interactions with executive-level leadership on a daily basis and will require someone with extensive knowledge of the Health Plan products and the regulatory requirements surrounding them. This person will need to have key competencies that allow them to work independently and motivate and work with other departments to achieve the end goal.
- High School Diploma