CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Procurement Specialist Job in Irving
This position is responsible for conducting analysis of operations, quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors in order to recommend vendor selection and product standardization for the region. This position also maintains contact with vendors, sales representatives and departments in order to standardize supplies and continually reviews literature on product development.
The Procurement Department is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our internal and external customers. Our medical facilities are our primary internal customers and operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week across various geographic regions. As such, the Procurement Department must be available to support regional needs as they arise; even at times when the Corporate Office is closed. Therefore, this position may occasionally be required to work during periods of Corporate Office closures including closures due to inclement weather, public holidays and weekends.
- Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Processing of purchase requests for assigned departments. Ensures requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner (within 24 hrs) and all terms of Purchase agreements are met by vendors.
- Obtains and analyzes a variety of products and service information including specifications, price structures, payment terms, availability, contractual arrangements, service requirements, warranty coverage and so forth. Determines most favorable quotations based upon analyses of the above criteria and Procurement Center operations.
- Responsible for driving purchases to contracted supplier, enforcing contract compliance, standardization. Working knowledge of both clinical and financial environment as related to Healthcare.
- Assist Internal Customers to insure inventory levels compare favorably with ordering and receiving levels. Strives to keep inventory levels at a minimum.
- Monitors purchasing computer system to assure efficiency and data integrity. Insures system is being utilized according to system and hospital procedures. Insures purchasing information is updated daily - pricing, unit of purchase, vendor order number etc.
- Maintains regular contact with Facility Directors, Vendors and other sales representatives in order to evaluate and review goods and services.
- Reviews/ resolves open orders daily to ensure Department delivery expectation met.
- Reviews pricing discrepancies daily. Works w/Vendor to ensure Facility receiving discount pricing. Requests pricing be reinstated if applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year buying experience in Medical related field preferred and/or 5 years experience as Buyer in Purchasing field. Experience in leading teams towards measured outcomes and a familiarity with a wide range of hospital equipment preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Purchasing and customer service procedures as normally acquired through Materials Management experience.