Principal Trainer II Job in Irving
The Principal Trainer II is responsible for the instructional design and all related tasks associated with their assigned application(s). This position is responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the EPIC training environment, managing updates to policy and procedure documentation related to training, and conducting training for new staff, including Credentialed Trainers. The Principal Trainer is responsible for achieving an in-depth understanding of the assigned software, policies and procedures, and workflows. The Principal Trainer is a member of the project team and participates in discussions regarding building, testing, and maintaining the training environment, as well as the development and maintenance of training materials for the training and optimization programs. The Principal Trainer is responsible for analyzing, designing, building, and testing as well as troubleshooting of application and technical issues related to training environments. The Principal Trainer is certified in assigned application(s) and the respective Training Environment Build.
- Collaborate with operational stakeholders, subject matter experts, informatics, and analysts to ensure training and support is aligned with approved workflows.
- Collaborate with Training Logistics Coordinators or Credentialed Trainers to schedule and assign coverage for classes and support; coordinate appropriate level of end user training.
- Train and credential classroom trainers
- Orient and support Credentialed Trainers in day-to-day activities.
- Attend meetings, produce deliverables on time, and escalate issues or concerns appropriately.
- Responsible for Instructional Design including workflow-based and role-specific class content, eLearnings, job aides, and Learning Home Dashboards
- Customize Training Wheels, coordinate Curriculum Review Boards, maintain Deliverable Tracker(s), use approved templates, and adhere to standardized style-guides.
- Complete job shadows, deliver training, support end users, and mentor Credentialed Trainers as needed.
- Function as an advocate for end users by relaying issues or opportunities for improvement to informatics and analysts
- Develop detailed curriculum content, including scenario/workflow-based training, job aids to support related policies and procedures.
- Build, test, and maintain the training environment.
- Conduct training for specific application area(s)
- Provide onsite or remote support to operational users.
- Deliver training when necessary and/or support end users.
- Provide end user feedback to Analysts and identify improvement strategies for system design and implementation.
- Coordinate training for new software releases and updates.
- Coordinate post-live training for new and existing users.
- Must track multiple documents, attend meetings and meet deadlines; strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of adult learners and teaching principles
- Expert knowledge of healthcare industry
- Two + years of experience designing and delivering software training curriculum for large healthcare systems is preferred
- Prior experience in testing and training on Epic Systems preferred
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on-time
- Multiple MST Builds, full-cycle implementations, post-live support, and quarterly upgrade experience is preferred.
- Attend application training, Principal Trainer training and complete certification.
- Epic certification or Proficiency is required within 6 months from employment.