Apply Now Priest/Chaplain Spiritual Care/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The chaplain provides spiritual care to patients, families and associates reaching across religious and cultural boundaries. Provides ethical and spiritual guidance to patients and families to help make treatment choices. Promotes a spiritual environment within the hospital by participating/organizing prayer services on special occasions, prayer in patient waiting areas and through the PA system. The above ministry goals are accomplished by the chaplain by visiting patients in assigned areas, providing follow-up ministry as needed, by taking spiritual care calls, making sacramental referral to priest chaplain, making appropriate notations and by keeping required professional expertise and skills updated. Provides sacraments to patients and leads in daily mass.
EDUCATION: Graduate Theological Degree (MDIV or Equivalent)
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Minimum of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE approved). Certification as a chaplain required by an accredited Chaplaincy Organization.
- Understanding of Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Demonstrates honesty consistently in all relationships
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Is knowledgeable about department policies and procedures
- Ability to use computer, printer, telephone, etc. when needed.
EXPERIENCE: Seven years of experience in hospital or hospice ministry.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager of Spiritual Care
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work may require walking, sitting and standing. Subject to irregular hours. May require lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 20 lbs.