President & Chief Nursing Officer, CHRISTUS Jasper Memorial Hospital
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial Hospital
1275 Marvin Hancock Drive
Jasper, TX 75951
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
President & Chief Nursing Officer, CHRISTUS Jasper Memorial Hospital Job in Jasper
The President and Chief Nursing Officer for CHRISTUS Jasper Memorial Hospital provides leadership and management for a hospital within a CHRISTUS region. The President/CNO is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, core values and vision, and operational effectiveness and quality of care and service for the hospital. In addition, the President/CNO is responsible for the Associate, medical staff, sister community, and community relations and ensures that the services provided are responsive to the community’s health needs and integral to the achievement of the CHRISTUS Health mission and vision. Additionally, the President/CNO functions as the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer and has the responsibility for the oversight of nursing standards, policies and procedures, and nursing care provided to patients. The President/CNO will direct, supervise and coordinate all Associate functions and activities in all nursing care areas and other assigned areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required from an accredited university
- Master’s degree in Nursing or other health-related education
- Progressive career experience as a senior operating officer of a health care environment with experience that is broad-based.
- Multi-hospital system, Catholic health care, and President/ Administrator experience are preferred.
- Five (5) or more years clinical practice experience and, specifically, physician practice leadership and operations track record.
- Five (5) or more years leadership experience.
- Considerable medical experience in one or more branches of medicine or surgery and some administrative experience in a medical department.
- Experience practicing/leading in a multispecialty clinic and/or a highly integrated, collaborative physician-hospital environment would be highly desirable.
- A demonstrated track record in using current methodologies in quality improvement to improve clinical outcome, accompanied by the ability to use quality concepts in introducing and managing change.
- Familiar with information technology concepts and the ability to partner with other administrators in conceptualizing the decision support systems and processes necessary to address costs, quality, and resource utilization management.
- The ability to interact with board members, physicians and leaders in the business community as necessary.
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision making, innovation, financial management of operations, and stewardship of resources.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Strong leadership, organization, management, communication, negotiation, and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership, the use of the nursing process, and emotional maturity.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with current state license
- Demonstrates interest and involvement in American College of Healthcare Executives as a member or a fellow preferred.