Practice Manager II - Specialty Neurosurgery Clinic
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS GS Longview Medical Plaza II 703 E Marshall Ave
703 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Practice Manager II - Specialty Neurosurgery Clinic Job in Longview
This position is responsible for the operation of provider practices usually consisting of 0-10 providers with direct supervision at two different sites. The position is responsible for, but not limited to, managing subordinate personnel, preparing clinic(s) budget, ensuring data accuracy, preparing financial analyses, handling complex customer service issues and maintaining provider/staff communications.
- Establishes/implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for the assigned administrative areas.
- Works with staff and providers to ensure quality patient care and services are provided. Maintain effective communication with providers and staff; conducts monthly meetings with providers and staff. Create a positive work place.
- Gathers and reports monthly and annual data for fiscal, statistical and planning purposes. Develops and implements revenue enhancement strategies for existing practice(s).
- Assists with developing and implementing annual operational plan and budget.
- Selects, trains, orients and supervises clinic personnel in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for work assignments and daily operations. Manages personnel for multiple practices, including training relief employees.
- Evaluates performances and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions in a timely manner. Interviews and recommends hiring and termination of staff in accordance with approved policies.
- Resolves problems in administrative areas and ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
- Helps fiscal management and other administrative staff in implementing cost effective policies and procedures for all operational areas including bookkeeping, billing, insurance, fee schedules, credit/collections, purchasing, data processing and space planning.
- Works in conjunction with Practice Leadership.
- Ensures the effective implementation of job descriptions, personnel policies and payroll practices.
- Monitors and controls clinic expenditures within budget. Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Serves as liaison between clinic and external agencies.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and attends Leader Foundations and LDI practices.
- May be responsible for assuring all appropriate licensure, certifications and/or accreditations are secured according to policy.
- Bachelor degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field required is required. Master’s is preferred.
- 7 years of management experience as a substitute in lieu of education.
- 2-8 years of experience in diversified positions within a medical practice with at least one year in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing) and supervisory experience is required. Competent in health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing) and supervisory experience is required.
- Effective communication and prioritization of provider issues. Competent in financial reimbursement, billing and collections, CPT, ICD9 and HCPCS coding and medical group operations, as well as managed care concepts.
- Ability to recognize and communicate variances in key practice indicators. Must be computer literate and have strong organizational skills.
- Completion CMOM or Career Trackis highly preferred.