Polysomnographic Technologist - Sleep Lab - PRN Job in San Antonio
Performs sleep disorder studies accurately and safely as ordered by Physicians. Operates all equipment utilized for sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. May calibrate equipment required for testing and make adjustments. Determines testing parameters and procedures with aid of a Physician. Scores sleep/wake stages. Completes and verifies records of all procedures performed. Oversees unusual and difficult procedures. Complies with the BRPT standards. May provide oversight to the Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technician.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- 4 year BA/BS in health care degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Ability to concentrate and make quick judgements with a high level of skill, knowledge, understanding and accuracy.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. May be asked to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Requires at least 3 years experience as a Polysomnographic Tech. Experience in pediatric sleep preferred.
- Must hold a registry in good standing with any of the credentialing organizations listed:
- The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (RPSGT)
- The American Board of Sleep Medicine (RST)
- The National Board of Respiratory Care (SDS)
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.