Polysomnographic Tech Reg
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Polysomnographic Tech Reg Job in Alexandria
Acts as a consultant to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and reassess the care of patients with abdominal stomas, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure sores/dermal wounds and incontinence and involved with the physical, emotional and social rehabilitation of patients. This individual ensures these needs are met in a manner that is consistent with the values and missions of CSFCH
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
- Educates patient on procedure of applying nasal CPAP/BiPAP.
- Measures patient and applies appropriate size mask to ensure minimal leak.
- Allows patient to return to sleep before beginning titration.
- Monitors patient and records pressure adjustments according to sleep lab protocol.
- Administers oxygen and titrates dosage when indicated in accordance with sleep lab protocol
- Completes titration worksheet and technician report as outlined by sleep lab procedure.
- Sets up and calibrates monitoring equipment.
- Measures and applies EEG electrodes accurately, using international 10-20 system.
- Precisely places EKG (heart), EMG (muscle), and EOG (eye movement electrodes.
- Places and securely attaches recording transducers to measure air flow, respiratory effort, patient position, leg movement, and oximetry.
- Performs physiologic calibrations and verifies patient maneuvers on patient record.
- Institutes "lights out" and records patient data.
- Monitors the polysomnogram.
- Recognizes and record clinical observations throughout test.
- Performs MSLT (multiple sleep latency test) as ordered by M.D. in accordance with lab policy.
- Begins each nap with patient calibration and "Lights out".
- Ensures that patient remains awake between nap opportunities.
- Assists patients in completing pre-admission questionnaires and paperwork.
- Introduces patients to sleep laboratory equipment, technician monitoring room, and sleep room.
- Answers questions related to sleep related breathing disorders and monitoring equipment.
- Sets up and plays patient education videotapes related to sleep apnea and CPAP introduces patient to CPAP/BiPAP equipment. Answers questions related to above.
- Attends A.W.A.K.E. network meetings for patient support.
- Identifies and scores sleep stages on overnight PSG and MSLT according to rules outlined in Retschaffen and Kales.
- Identifies and scores respiratory events to include central, mixed, and obstructive apneas and hypopneas.
- Recognizes life threatening arrhythmias. Is able to identify PACS, PVCS and score same.
- Recognizes and scores PLMS events.
- Recognizes and scores arousal and awakenings, both associated with and independent of respiratory events and leg movements.
- Documents a narrative summary post each test scored and adds to chart.
- Prints out appropriate reports and prepare them for review by lab manager prior to forwarding to M.D. and DME company.
At least a minimum of 1 year experience in an established sleep center, but not required.
- RPSGT, CPSGT, RT-SDS.
- Certified in Basic Life Support,
- Recommend ACLS certification.