PhysSlry MTE Hospitalists GSMC Longview Job in Longview
CHRISTUS Health is seeking a Hospitalist Assistant Medical Director to add to its established practice at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System in Longview, TX. These are employed positions with a competitive salary, quality bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package, and no state income tax.
Assistant Medical Director will report to the Medical Director.
* Must be BC/BE
* 20 hours admin time per month
* 7 on; 7 off
· Responsible for ensuring the ethical practice of Hospitalist medicine.
· Directly supervises and has responsibility for Hospitalist physicians in clinical, quality, and assigned administrative duties.
· Meets bi-monthly with the Medical Director to Integrate and align Adult Hospitalist Medicine Into hospital operations, initiatives, and strategic goals.
· Promotes and participates in a collaborative, interdisciplinary Hospitalist leadership team.
· Collaborates with nursing leadership and Hospitalist leadership team to ensure that departmental performance meets or exceeds standards described in medical staff rules and regulations, the hospital bylaws, departmental policies by the Joint Commission, and in other appropriate local and national standards.
· Works with Hospitalist team to ensure that the department meets or exceeds its defined objectives for Improvement, growth, and expansion.
· Along with the Medical Director helps build enthusiasm, stability, teamwork, and competence among the members of the Hospitalist Group through supervision, individualized evaluation and counseling, training, and praise for a job well done.
· Where applicable, ensures departmental policies are known, understood, and implemented by the Hospitalist physicians.
· In conjunction with the Medical Director, establishes and encourage participation in Hospitalist meetings for physicians, and /or administrative staff, and/ or Advance Practice Providers
· Enhances the orientation process for new department members as needed.
· Works with the Hospitalist team including Hospital leadership and others as Indicated to plan for and manage the change process.
· Monitors patient census, adjusting resources to locations as appropriate.
· Analyzes, develops, or modifies staffing models.
· Participates In patient throughput initiatives.
· In conjunction with the hospital's department of patient relations and risk management, handles patient complaints.
· Works directly with Director of Physician Advisors on timely completion of appeals, case reviews, appropriate documentation, and queries.
· Works directly with Director of Care Management for timely management of patients for discharge to appropriate post-acute level of care.
· Helps to lead Long Length of Stay meeting in conjunction with Director of Care Management.