Physician - Hematology/Oncology
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
CHRISTUS St Vincent Regional Cancer Center
490 West Zia Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Physician - Hematology/Oncology Job in Santa Fe
CHRISTUS St. Vincent Health System is currently seeking medical oncologist/hematologists to continue and strengthen our mission for the future: “to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve.” Our comprehensive cancer center provides cutting edge treatments, research, education and integrative medicine, enabling patients to get the best care close to home with the comfort and care of their support circles.
The Center currently offers chemotherapy and hematology infusions, radiation treatments including HDR, IMRT and SRS with two Varian linear accelerators and an on-site lab. We also have full time dietician, triage, social work and navigation.
The CSV Regional Cancer Center is the only cancer center north of Albuquerque and serves patients from all of Northern New Mexico. Built on the principles of high-quality care, innovative approaches and dedication to a patient-centered experience. We are a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, which enables full access to second opinion consults (free to patients), collaboration on difficult cases, and ability to attend Mayo’s Tumor Boards (in addition to the two comprehensive CSV tumor boards). CHRISTUS St. Vincent has also been voted four years running as a New Mexico “Best Place to Work” and a US News “Best Regional Hospital” for 2020/21.
CHRISTUS St. Vincent (CSV) is a not-for-profit integrated health system located in the beautiful mountain-west city of Santa Fe, New Mexico which sees over 300 sunny days per year, all four seasons, commute times under 18 minutes, and offers an abundance of outdoor activities as well as a thriving cultural, art, music, and food scene. Live and practice in a place you love - come join the team to transform the care for cancer patients of Northern New Mexico.
·M.D./D.O. is required
·3+ years of post-training experience practicing medical oncology.
- Working with patients to explain a diagnosis and stage of cancer, discuss treatment options, and assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
- Coordinating treatment plans and prescribing various types of treatment, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Maintain patients’ quality of life by managing cancer-related pain and other symptoms and side effects of treatment
- Reassess progress of the disease as treatment progresses and pursue alternative therapies as needed, as well as palliative care when appropriate
- Participate in staff education and community outreach
- Attend weekly tumor boards
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary team including Palliative Care, Radiation Oncology, Nutrition, Social Work, Navigation, Triage and Integrative Medicine to accurately assess patient needs and develop a treatment plan that meets those needs
- Utilize and promote approved standards of care, procedures, methods, techniques, safety precautions, and study protocols
- Complete medical records in a timely fashion.
- Participate in ongoing comprehensive programs of quality assurance and utilization review.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Provide call coverage through call coverage arrangements with other Board eligible/Board certified Oncology physicians as required by Medical Staff Bylaws.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
·State medical license.
·Board certification in Medical Oncology through the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Recruiter Contact Information: