Physician Coding Educator - Remote
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
Occasional Overnight Travel Up To 20 Percent
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate IV Bldg
1101 East SE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Physician Coding Educator - Remote Job in Tyler
***CHRISTUS Health System offers the Physician Coding Educator role as a remote opportunity. Candidates for this opportunity must live within the Tyler, TX Metro Area & the San Antonio Metro area.***
The CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic (CTC) Coding Educator (CE) is a key point of contact that supports coding and documentation initiatives across CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. They are a subject matter expert for coding including validating documentation requirements, analyzing coding trends/benchmarks, providing education to operational leaders, physicians, advanced practice providers (APPs), and senior leadership. They also implement training and education plans needed for the overall success and improvement of the coding team. Assists with new services and revenue opportunities.
Provides oversight of education and training on the application of CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCC, and modifier coding, documentation guidelines, medical policies, medical terminology and disease process. Additionally, the CE provides support and is the subject matter expertise for the PB Coding Integrity audit team, ensuring a uniform understanding and application of CDI and coding guidelines across each department. The CE works collaboratively with Coding Operations, Compliance, PB Revenue Cycle, providers, clinic leadership and management. This position is responsible for supporting adherence to CHRISTUS standards and directives and other regulatory requirements including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and HIPAA standards related to HIM.
Dual certification is required; CPMA or CDEO preferred.
Occasional to Moderate daily travel (20-30%) by land
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land or air.
- Must be certified through American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) OR must be certified though the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and possess the following: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced professional coding
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in coding training and/or education preferred
- Experience in a large, independent clinic organization or the ambulatory environment of a hospital or integrated delivery system (Multispecialty Practice highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records documentation methodologies
- Demonstrated achievement with change management and quality improvement initiatives
- Proven success in building relationships and establishing credibility with doctors, nurses and other clinical staff
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to navigate resistance to change and solve problems effectively