Physician Clinical and Medical Lead Urgent Care
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Physician Clinical and Medical Lead Urgent Care Job in Santa Fe
CHRISTUS St. Vincent is a not-for-profit integrated health system located in the beautiful mountain-west city of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Santa Fe sees over 300 sunny days per year, all four seasons, commute times under 15 minutes, and offers an abundance of outdoor activities, as well as a thriving cultural, art, and music scene. We have easy access to skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, and more.
Our 200 bed hospital facility is the only level III trauma center in Northern New Mexico, a CMS-rated 5-star facility, and one of New Mexico's BEST REGIONAL HOSPITALS of 2020 ranked by U.S. News & World Report. CHRISTUS St. Vincent is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and we serve a seven county area with over 300,000 residents. We have an integrated clinician group which employs around 185 physicians and advanced practice clinicians and has proudly served the northern New Mexico communities for over 150 years.
The Urgent Care physician will work .5FTE clinical at Entrada Contenta, CHRISTUS St. Vincent's south side health center and a .5FTE as Urgent Care medical lead. This location offers Pediatrics, Family Medicine Laboratory and an Urgent Care. The Urgent Care physician will provide comprehensive care for patients of all ages (including newborns), follow established provider standards, procedures and practices, and give patient care directions to Clinicians, nursing and other staff.
As a medical lead the physician will
- Promote evidence based practices among colleagues in urgent care setting, aiming to achieve a high performing and integrated team.
- Consistently demonstrate and model the values of a CHRISTUS St. Vincent clinician group and core values of CHRISTUS St. Vincent.
- Provide clarity to physicians, clinicians and staff through consistent communication regarding the direction and strategy of CHRISTUS St. Vincent Clinician Group ("CSVCG").
- Treat all with respect, holding self and others accountable to do what they have committed to do.
- Act as liaison to engage with and provide consistent communication to all Clinicians in the Practice.
- Facilitates regular practice meetings with all Clinicians (at least monthly) to review scorecard/quality & performance indicators, referral patterns, introduce CSVCG initiatives, obtain feedback from practice Clinicians to share with leadership, work collaboratively with Director and Manager in a dyad model to achieve operational efficiencies and implement process improvement initiatives, promote workplace satisfaction, patient satisfaction and achieve quality targets, provide coaching and feedback to all Clinicians within urgent care, complete annual evaluation of all Clinicians in urgent care practice.
Interested applicants, with 3 years of Emergency Medicine or 5+ years of Urgent Care experience, please submit your resume, which includes dates (both months and years) for work history and education, to Megan Varela-Lujan Provider Recruitment Manager at email@example.com.
Entrada Contenta Urgent Care is open 7 days a week from 8-6pm.
Sutures, abscesses, incision & drainage, splinting, lesions, I/D, and trigger point injections
Experience: 3 years of Emergency Medicine or 5+ years of Urgent Care experience REQUIRED.
Education: Medical School graduate with a Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree from an approved medical school. Active, unrestricted medical license in the state(s) of practice required. Board certified or eligible in Emergency Medicine.
Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays.