8AM - 5PM
Physician - Assistant Program Director - Family Medicine Residency
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR WH Clinics 11130 CHRISTUS Hills MOB III PBC
11130 CHRISTUS Hills Medical Plaza
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Physician - Assistant Program Director - Family Medicine Residency Job in San Antonio
Teaching Services As a member of the faculty of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program, the following responsibilities are expected to be met in keeping with the standards determined by the program director and faculty:
1. Provide teaching to residents and medical students in both didactic / lecture and bedside consultation format in accordance with teaching schedules.
2. Perform attending responsibilities on both the family medicine residency program in-patient and maternity service as scheduled,
3. Complete resident and student evaluations in a timely manner.
4. Complete charts, including appropriate documentation and coding consistent with CMS / OIG, and PATH requirements (in a timely manner).
5. Attend when possible lectures and conferences of the residency program.
6. Participate in residency recruitment at the request of the program director or recruitment committee.
7. Provide timely medical services in the family health service, an average of three (3) half days per week.
8. Participate in operational and financial improvement activities of the practice including management of resources, patient satisfaction initiatives, process development, increase volume, productivity, etc.
Assistant Program Director Services
1. Assist the Program Director in the development of a clear educational plan for the program, including objectives relating to knowledge skills, and attitudes based on the ACGME Core Competencies. Assist with regular review of the program to assess the quality of the educational experience and assists with maintenance of the program information file (PIF).
2. Assists the Program Director in the conduct of the program, ensuring that each resident is advancing and gaining in experience and responsibility in accordance with the educational plan and the six core competencies.
3. Serve in the capacity of Program Director in case of his/her absence. Will serve in the capacity of Interim Program Director should an unexpected vacancy occur in that position.
4. Assist with the interviewing and selection of candidates for admission to the program.
5. Attend meetings of the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) and other hospital based committees as a representative of the program at the request of the Program Director.
6. Direct meetings of the faculty when situations arise that the Program Director is absent or not available to chair the meeting
Hospital Inpatient and On-Call Coverage Services
- Provide inpatient rotation evenly with core faculty and perform night call proportionately with other core faculty. Physician shall not be scheduled for greater than one week of inpatient rotation every six (6) weeks and no greater than three (3) nights of call per month without the consent of Physician.
Recruiter Contact Information: