Physical Therapist - Physical Therapy Job in San Antonio
Provides Physical Therapy Services to patients referred, including assessment, treatment plan development and implementation with the follow-up and discharge planning. Actively assists with clinical aspects of the department, including program development, department operations and Performance Improvement activities. Assists with supervising and coordinating the Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant student programs. In addition, supervises Licensed Physical Therapy Assistants, Rehab Technicians, and Volunteers.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or entry level Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree from an accredited college or university in the area of Physical Therapy is required.
- All modalities/equipment used by a Physical Therapist as outlined by the Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist by the Texas Executive Council of Physical and Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- BLS certification is required.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination and the annual screening, each year thereafter as an employee
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.