5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Phlebotomist - Marshall
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Marshall
Share This Job On
Apply Now Phlebotomist - Marshall Job in Marshall
FULL TIME - Eligible for $1,500 Sign on Bonus!
Collects and prepares blood specimens and other samples for laboratory testing. Maintains collection areas and equipment and performs record keeping duties.
- Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers
- Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued Education
- Assures quality of work performed by all associates
- Coordinates services to customers in a manner that provides customer satisfaction and cost efficient operations
- Assures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, infection control, safety and other regulatory standards, including privacy and security of health information (PHI)
- Maintains collection tray/container/bag and working area in a neat and sanitary condition & restocks as necessary
- Responsible for procurement of supplies for the department in cooperation with the team lead
- Performs all duties of a phlebotomist; specimen collection, specimen receiving, specimen send outs
- Prepares specimens for referral to outside labs, to include ordering of misc.
- Referred testing, packaging of specimens, calling of cab, referral paperwork and the mail System
- Performs all patient specimen collections including, but not limited to, venipuncture, Capillary collection, urine drug screen collection, skin tests and blood, throat and NP cultures
- Ensures that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintain specimen integrity
- Demonstrates good communication skills by competently interacting with customers, patients, family members, nurses, physicians, clients, and co-workers
- Operates the laboratory computer system to document specimen information, patient registration, order entry, collection lists, and other assigned tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned (stand-by/on-call, inventory, special projects, cross training, etc)
- Completes associate performance evaluations and annual competency assessments in a timely manner
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomy education preferred
Work Type: FULL TIME - Eligible for $1,500 Sign on Bonus!
For additional information or assistance with the application process, please contact Nadia Shinkewicz at Nadia.Shinkewicz@christushealth.org or 903.315.4384