Phlebotomist - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
GSMC - Longview-15500
700 E. Marshall Ave.
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Phlebotomist - Laboratory Job in Longview
Is responsible to the designated supervisor and performs routine venipuncture in a safe, accurate and professional manner on and off campus as scheduled Processes daily collections and distribution of laboratory specimens. Prepares and processes paperwork associated with specimens. Receives orders for laboratory tests and follows through with accuracy. Responsible for accurate, immediate reporting of test results; identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems; instrument maintenance; documentation of problems, and following safe laboratory practices. Provides customer service through contact with clients, physicians, and allied health staff. Serves as primary laboratory representative to the patient and physician office staff. May be called upon to transport reports and specimens for Acuity Diagnostics. Responsible for completing all assigned work with accuracy and promptly on schedule in a manner consistent with Laboratory and Hospital Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
- Phlebotomy Certificate or equivalent
- High school diploma preferred.
- One year of clinical experience desired.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.