Phlebotomist - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for performing all the duties of a phlebotomist including specimen collection, specimen receiving, and specimen referrals.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
• Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
• Assures quality of work performed by all associates. Coordinates services to customers in a manner that provides customer satisfaction and cost-efficient operations.
• Assures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, infection control, safety, and other regulatory standards, including privacy and security of health information (PHI).
• Maintains collection tray/container/bag and working area in a neat and sanitary condition & restocks as necessary.
• Responsible for procurement of supplies for the department in cooperation with the team lead.
• Performs all duties of a phlebotomist; specimen collection, specimen receiving, specimen send-outs.
• Prepares specimens for referral to outside labs, including ordering of misc. and misc. referred testing, packaging of specimens, calling of cab, referral paperwork, and the mail system
• Performs all patient specimen collections including, but not limited to, venipuncture, capillary collection, urine drug screen collection, skin tests, and blood, throat, and NP cultures.
• Ensures that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintain specimen integrity
• Demonstrates good communication skills by competently interacting with customers, patients, family members, nurses, physicians, clients, and co-workers.
• Operates the laboratory computer system to document specimen information, patient registration, order entry, collection lists, and other assigned tasks.
• Performs other related duties as assigned (stand-by/on-call, inventory, special projects, cross-training, etc.).
• Completes associate performance evaluations and annual competency assessments in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Diploma or Transcript required at time of hire.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy; Medical Laboratory; or Medical Assistant program that includes phlebotomy preferred
- Familiar with medical terminology; computer data entry; organizational skills
- One year phlebotomy experience preferred
- Certification from National Accredited Program Preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.