Phlebotomist-Lab Asst PRN Pool
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
SRHC Shared Services-30600
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now Phlebotomist-Lab Asst PRN Pool Job in San Antonio
The Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant collects blood specimens for laboratory tests on inpatients and outpatients by venipuncture or capillary puncture technique. The Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant performs various clerical tasks to include utilizing the Laboratory Information System for logging, receiving lab specimens and preparing specimens for transport. Clerical responsibilities include answering telephones and providing necessary information to inquirer, printing and faxing results and accessioning outpatient testing.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Formal phlebotomy training in a Medical Assistant Program or other hospital or military based program preferred.
- Minimum of Six (6) months of full time phlebotomy experience preferred
- More than one year of experience is highly preferred, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Works with computers, printers, multi-line phones.
- Must be knowledgeable of related tests for which blood is drawn, care of blood specimens, and procedures in blood collection.
- Must be aware of type and amount of blood needed for various tests.
- Must have basic knowledge of vascular system and appropriate sites for phlebotomy.
- Must be able to perform venipuncture and capillary punctures.
- Must be able to execute work in a speedy manner proficiently with minimal error.
- Must be able to perform a number of clerical and computer-related functions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with professional staff and public.
- Must be able to plan and organize work.
- Must have ability to reason, concentrate, and be adaptable or flexible.
- Must have good judgment, initiative.
- Must be capable of independent action.
- Must be alert to errors and pay close attention to details.