Phlebotomist - Jacksonville
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville
Share This Job On
Phlebotomist - Jacksonville Job in Jacksonville
Responsible for performing all the duties of a phlebotomist including specimen collection, specimen receiving, and specimen referrals.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
- Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
- Assures quality of work performed by all associates. Coordinates services to customers in a manner that provides customer satisfaction and cost-efficient operations.
- Assures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, infection control, safety, and other regulatory standards, including privacy and security of health information (PHI).
- Maintains collection tray/container/bag and working area in a neat and sanitary condition & restocks as necessary.
- Responsible for procurement of supplies for the department in cooperation with the team lead.
- Performs all duties of a phlebotomist; specimen collection, specimen receiving, specimen send-outs.
- Prepares specimens for referral to outside labs, including ordering of misc. and misc. referred testing, packaging of specimens, calling of cab, referral paperwork, and the mail system
- Performs all patient specimen collections including, but not limited to, venipuncture, capillary collection, urine drug screen collection, skin tests, and blood, throat, and NP cultures.
- Ensures that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintain specimen integrity
- Demonstrates good communication skills by competently interacting with customers, patients, family members, nurses, physicians, clients, and co-workers.
- Operates the laboratory computer system to document specimen information, patient registration, order entry, collection lists, and other assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned (stand-by/on-call, inventory, special projects, cross-training, etc.).
- Completes associate performance evaluations and annual competency assessments in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Diploma or Transcript required at time of hire.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy; Medical Laboratory; or Medical Assistant program that includes phlebotomy preferred
- Familiar with medical terminology; computer data entry; organizational skills
- One year phlebotomy experience preferred
- Certification from National Accredited Program Preferred
Per Diem As Needed
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.