Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Lake Area Hospital-10200
4200 Nelson Rd
Lake Charles, LA 70605
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy Job in Lake Charles
The Pharmacy Technician shall provide assistance to the pharmacist while under direct supervision. Responsibilities include filling Pyxis machines, unit dose carts, floorstock requests, new orders from labels generated and crash cart trays; admitting, transferring and discharging patient drugs and IVs; keying patient charges; delivering drugs and supplies; prepackaging unit dose drugs; managing drug and supply inventory; clerical duties; IV preparation (if applicable). This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Health St. Patrick Hospital, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
- Basic computer skills required
- Hospital experience preferred
- Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Certification
- Exceptional prioritization, documentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, insurance companies, third party payers, and medical staff both verbally and written.