Pharmacy Technician I Certified, Pharm General - Full time
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
Share This Job On
Pharmacy Technician I Certified, Pharm General - Full time Job in Lake Charles
All pharmacy technicians work under the direction of Clinical Pharmacists to provide pharmacy services with compassion, excellence, and efficiency.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Must be 18 years or older
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
• Pharmacy Technicians perform ONLY non-judgmental technical duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
• Prepares drug orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols - Verifies computerized patient medication records accurately. Maintains, accurate, complete patient drug record. Compounds non-sterile pharmaceuticals. Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion.
• Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law and institutional policies.
• Verifies the daily activities of the department are complete and recorded.
• Maintains competency required for current job title/position
• Maintains current technician license. Ensures applicable CE records and licensure are maintained in department files. Attends staff meetings.
• Completes all competency/skills assessment requirements.
• Specialty area - Serves as the technician in specialty areas such as the operating room or pharmacy work areas outside the central pharmacy.
• Ambulatory care - Provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services as assigned such as but not limited to anticoagulation clinics, intensive medical home, transition of care, Discharge Medication reconciliation, etc.
• Retail - Performs outpatient distributive functions related to entering prescriptions orders, selecting the correct medications for new and refilled prescription orders, and coordinates delivery of medications for patient pick-up or delivery.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective drug therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient medical records accurately.
• Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Coordinates pharmacist drug education to patients and their families per institutional protocol.
• Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data, conducts monitors and inspections, and maintains logs, records and other documentation as assigned.
• Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion
• Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances (including chemotherapeutic, cytotoxic drugs and cleaning solutions), sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp items.
• Risk 0 exposure category.
• Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used.
• Potential exposure to biologic material when participating in direct patient care activities (e.g., patient education, code attendance).
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Pharmacy experience preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Registered Pharmacy technician in the State of practice required
· Certified pharmacy technician preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.