Pharmacy Tech II - Specialty Pharmacy Job in Tyler
CHRISTUS Specialty Pharmacy, located inside Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler, is a part of an integrated team delivering personalized specialty pharmacy services to CHRISTUS Health patients across Texas and Louisiana. Disease states treated in the pharmacy include autoimmune conditions, neurology, oncology, hepatitis C, asthma, and diabetes. All pharmacy technicians work under the direction of Clinical Pharmacists to provide pharmacy services with compassion, excellence, and efficiency.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Pharmacists with Medication Histories.
- Train Tech I associates.
- Prepares drug orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Verifies computerized patient medication records accurately. Maintains, accurate, complete patient drug record.
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Verifies the daily activities of the department are complete and recorded.
- Maintains competency required for current job title/position
- Maintains current technician license. Ensures applicable CE records and licensure are maintained in department files. Attends staff meetings.
- Completes all competency/skills assessment requirements.
- Performs outpatient distributive functions related to entering prescription orders, selecting the correct medications for new and refilled prescription orders, and coordinating the delivery of medications for patient pick-up or delivery. Performs other tasks as assigned by a pharmacist on duty related to pharmacy operations.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective drug therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Reads, extracts and interprets information in patient medical records accurately.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the hospital’s pharmacy associates.
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data, conducts monitors and inspections and maintains logs, records and other documentation as assigned.
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion